Pick one of the following questions to answer. Do not repeat answers that have

Pick one of the following questions to answer. Do not repeat answers that have already been stated. No credit will be given for repeated answers. DO NOT answer the question number in its entirety. Answer only what is being asked. Posting outside the assigned discussion will not count and post will be deleted
What is the difference between anatomy and physiology and how do these two sciences support each other? Provide at least two examples.
Discuss one level of the body’s structural hierarchy and provide at least two examples of that level.
Discuss one characteristic that distinguishes living from nonliving things and provide an example of that characteristic.
Discuss a negative feedback mechanism and explain its importance to homeostasis.
Discuss a positive feedback mechanism, explain its importance to homeostasis and how it can be beneficial or harmful.
Discuss one of the properties of water that accounts for its ability to support life.
What are mixtures, solutions, suspensions, and colloids? Pick one of these to discuss and provide at least two examples.
What are acids, bases, buffers and salts? Pick one of these to discuss and provide at least two examples.
There are several different classes of chemical reactions. Pick one class of chemical reaction and provide at least two examples showing that class of chemical reaction.
Discuss one of the factors that affect reaction rates.
There are 4 different types of carbohydrates (monosaccharides, disaccharides, polysaccharides, and conjugated carbohydrates). Pick one of these types of carbohydrate and discuss the at least two examples that are include in that category.
There are many different types of lipids and their functions. Pick at least two lipids and discuss the importance of the lipids in the body.
Proteins have complex structures. Discuss one level of complexity of protein structure and how the protein maintains that structure.
There are many different functions for proteins. Discuss one function of proteins and the importance of at least two examples of proteins with that function.
Nucleotides and nucleic acids are important for the body. Discuss one specific nucleotide or nucleic acid and its importance in the human body.
Complete discussion board question for this chapter (graded). You will need to submit your first post to the discussion board question by WEDNESDAY, 11:59pm EST, and also post throughout the week (Two posts per week, one instructor question, one response to student both posts 300 words minimum ).
Sample of 300 word count essay:
The components of whole blood are plasma (the liquid matrix), accounting for 55% of the volume, and the formed elements (red blood cells, white blood cells and platelets), which account for the remaining 45% of volume. Plasma is a straw-colored liquid consisting of 90% water, salts and proteins that are important for maintaining osmotic balance, buffering against pH changes, maintaining blood viscosity, transporting certain materials, and for blood clotting when a blood vessel is injured. There are three major formed elements – red blood cells (erythrocytes), white blood cells (leukocytes), and platelets (which are cell fragments).
Red blood cells, the most numerous cells in the blood, carry oxygen from the lungs to all parts of the body. A red blood cells is a biconcave disk with a thin center, a shape that provides a large surface area for efficient diffusion of oxygen, and the flexibility to pass through even the smallest blood vessels. Red blood cells contain the protein hemoglobin which has an iron ion incorporated into its structure. When blood travels through the lungs, the oxygen in the lungs combines with the iron in the hemoglobin. When the blood moves through the body’s capillary system, the oxygen carried in the red blood cells is released from the iron to the other cells of the body.
White blood cells make up only about 1% pf the blood volume. They are an important part of the immune system. Their primary function is to provide defense against invaders in the body, which may include bacterial, parasites, fungi, and viruses. White blood cells may attack a foreign body directly, produce antibodies that identify, attach to and neutralize a foreign body, or they may trigger other cells to act in destroying the foreign body.
Platelets perform a vital function in the process of coagulation, or blood clotting, which occurs when a blood vessel is injured.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Previous post One of the main debates of globalization is inequality, within a country and bet
Next post ok so its microbiology lab and the topics were as follows: CLONING PART 1 & 2, P